The Village Maintenance Operator maintains the day-to-day operations of the village regarding, Water, Sewer, Streets, and Parks. The Maintenance Operator works with residents, the Village Clerk, Chairman, and Board of Trustees to ensure smooth village operations.
Some of the duties of the Village Maintenance Operator:
- Maintain village streets, alleys, and sidewalks
- Perform snow removal and mowing
- Read water meters monthly for utility billing
- Maintain, repair, and/or replace water meters and curb stops
- Respond to and investigate resident concerns and/or complaints
- Regular maintenance and flushing of fire hydrants
- Perform water utility turn-on and shut-off services
- Maintain parks; grounds, equipment, flags, etc.
- Maintain village vehicles, equipment, and tools
Jerome Speck Sr.
Part-Time Maintenance Operator