The Village Clerk serves as a link between the residents of Murray and the Village Board of Trustees. The Clerk is the first point of contact to answer questions and conduct village business.
The office of the Murray Village Clerk provides clerical, record-keeping, and administrative functions for the Chairman and Board of Trustees. The office functions to maintain smooth management and operation of local government policy and law as it applies to villages.
Some of the duties of the Murray Village Clerk:
- Record and Maintain Village Board of Trustees meeting minutes
- Post meeting notices and prepare meeting agendas
- Process monthly utility billing and payments
- Accept building permit applications and forward to Planning Commission
- Prepare and present monthly Treasurer's Report
- Ensure all projects, operations, and functions within the local government & community operate efficiently
- Ensure all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed
- Respond to citizen concerns
- Work with Village Maintenance Personnel for smooth village operations
The Village Clerk's Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, closed for lunch from 12:00 to 12:30.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Clerk's Office open?
The business hours of the Clerk's Office at the Murray Municpal Building are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, typically closed between 12:00 and 12:30 pm for lunch. Outside of office hours, leave voicemail at 402-235-2119 or email email@example.com.